Thursday 10 July 2014

Touring days

Sunday was my last day on my own in Paris as I was due to pick up my tour in the afternoon.  It was raining when I got up and quite chilly so I checked out of the hotel and shouted myself a cab to the next hotel to leave my bags before heading out into the rain.

A friend from Australia was flying into Paris for a conference so we met up for lunch near the Louve and had a little wander around the area before the rain started again.  It was seriously pelting down so we did the only sensible thing you could do and headed back to her apartment to drink wine and chat the afternoon away.  Such fun.

Late that afternoon I headed back to the hotel for the group meet-up and welcome dinner.  There are nine of us and our tour leader and everyone seems really nice.  We walked down the street for a lovely dinner in a local restaurant and I suddenly remembered why I had been living on sandwiches and snacks for the past few days - Intrepid tour people love their food and always know the good restaurants.  Three course meals with accompanying wine are a pretty common event.  Bring it on I say!

It's going to be a good tour.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Expressionate
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs