Saturday 14 February 2015

Sending love to the West

Hellooo and happy Valentine's Day (if you are into that kind of thing).   This year I decided to spread a little love of the non romantic kind and participate in Baked Relief's Love to the West drive. 

Baked Relief is the amazing brain child of Danielle Crismani and began during the 2011 floods; bringing baked goods to volunteers helping with the clean-up and those affected by the floods. Now she is working with an army of volunteers to provide support to Queensland families whenever it's needed in the form of home baked goodies.  What a fabulous cause!

To put together my smoko kit, I bought a box from the post office and then I did a little shopping to buy a mug, a tea towel, some cheesy dipping biscuits, teabags, and fruit sticks.


Of course there had to be some home baked goods, so I made some Anzac biscuits because they are yummy and they will last during their long journey out west.


I even made a cute little card to pop in with everything.


So now my little parcel is winging its way to a rural family who will hopefully enjoy a few little treats, baked with love and given in honour of a day when we show that we care.

Find out more about Baked Relief at their website.


1 comments:

christine said...

How thoughtful Pita. I love that you added a personal touch with a handmade card and am sure your special parcel will be warmly received. Happy Valentines Day to you 💖

Post a Comment

 
© Expressionate
Graphics for Website Background by Sassy Designs